成人小视频appThe safety of our students and staff is our number one priority. Information found in this section of the website will assist parents and families in the event of an emergency. Please note that due to safety concerns, staff and students may be asked by law enforcement to turn off cell phones during a crisis situation. This is an emergency management best practice. Police do not want parents to come to school to retrieve their children, because that could put the parent in danger and/or could compromise the police investigation.
In the event of an emergency such as a threat to campus, snow, windstorms, earthquake, or similar events, Yakima School District may change school start or dismissal times for student safety. We will communicate with parents through:
- Automated phone calls. Please ensure your school has a working phone number where you can be reached.
- Announcements on district and school websites.
- Announcements on email and mobile app alerts. Please download YSD's mobile app.
- Announcements on social media. Please follow us on and .
- Announcements on TV and radio. View a list of local TV and radio stations.
For questions or comments regarding school safety, please contact Safety & Security Director Stacey Locke at (509) 573-7031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.